Job Vacancy For
The Consulate General of the Philippines in Nagoya invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Translator.
The Consulate provides consular services to the Filipinos in Central Japan. It also deals with Japanese contacts from regional and local government levels, business sector, cultural institutions, civil society, and suppliers of goods and services for the Consulate’s operations.
The translator provides translation and interpretation support for the Consulate’s personnel and day-to-day office operations.
- Support the officers and key personnel of the Consulate in its day-to-day operations;
- Assist the Administrative Section in its functions, including in the negotiation and translation of documents for the procurement of goods and services required by the Consulate;
- Assist the Visa Officer from time to time in dealing with non-English speaking applicants;
- Liaise with the police and other local authorities as and when necessary;
- Maintain confidentiality of official documents and all issues and concerns of the Consulate at all times;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Consul General and other key personnel in the Consulate.
- Filipino national; Male or Female; between 25 and 45 years old;
Holder of university/bachelor’s degree in any field;
- (for Filipino nationals) Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese (required JLPT N1 proficiency) and holder of long-term resident visa;
- Ability to translate letters/emails and on-the-spot conversations.
- Desirable experience: at least 2-3 years experience as translator and/or interpreter
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g., MS Word and MS Excel);
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision from superiors;
- Courtesy, honesty, positive work ethic, and team spirit; and
- Must be physically and mentally fit to work.
The selected candidate will be given three months contract under a Contract of Service arrangement and renewable thereafter, subject to performance evaluation and availability of funds.
How to apply:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae with passport-size photo
- Data page of passport
- Copy of school records (diploma and transcript of records)
- Copy of Residence Card and Visa for Filipino applicants; please make sure applicant has legal residence status in Japan (permanent, long/short-term visas) because the Embassy does not sponsor visas for local employment
- Copy of National Health Insurance Card
The Administrative Section
Consulate General of the Philippines